Tuesday 18 October 2022

nowhere



Occasionally something happens that makes me go "WOW!" Something unexpected or simply just perfect.

This occurred today.

I will be giving three art workshops through Quadra Village Community Centre and, in preparation, I've been gathering my supplies together.   The classes will introduce groups of women to creating small collages on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch cover stock. 

I'm packing two small fruit boxes with pages of various colours and designs that I have torn from magazines over many years.  I've also gathered an assortment of cards that I've made, again over the last several years, to give the participants an idea of what's possible. 


I call these Blessing Cards as I glue letters to form a word on the other
side of the card.   Some of the words I've chosen are: dreams, joy, courage and laughter. 

My original intention was to pick one each morning and to hold the word throughout the day.


I've made a few cards with large letters and numbers, mixed with colour, to show the possibility of incorporating text.

Today, when I looked at one of my selected cards, I thought "Oh no!" The cutout word spelled NOWHERE.  No Where. This seemed negative which was certainly not my intention! Nor did I want to use it as an example.




As I imagined how I could alter the word, perhaps covering part of the letters, the WOW happened.  


NO WHERE shifted and became 

.... NOW HERE


From being lost to being fully present in the moment

       It's often just how we see things!









3 comments:

  1. Racecar spelled backwards is racecar!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jackie, from nowhere to now here!! Brilliant

    ReplyDelete