Sunday 29 June 2014

whew!

....finally....on Thursday I had cataract surgery on my left eye.  A huge relief to have this behind me.  The attending nurse was great, sensing my anxiety, she upped the intravenous sedation.  Following that, I had my first afternoon nap in about 50 years!

Since I can't get the necessary corrective lens for about 3 weeks, I bought a pair of inexpensive readers so I keep switching back and forth between my 'real glasses' and them!

I see the surgeon again on Friday to confirm all is well.

I've been clearing out a large armoire so that it can be moved to Seaview, and today I uncovered several pairs of old prescription glasses of mine (with tiny pale frames) and innumerable readers of Brian's (some barely dented and scratched!)

We are so fortunate to have the doctors and technology to help us see better!

2 comments: