Saturday 22 March 2014

Mr. H

Last evening I went to see my naturopath, and starting this morning and continuing for at least a month,  I am eliminating all sugars and all caffeine from my diet.  These, he says, increase inflammation, the villain in this particular eye story.

All those tropical fruits I love so much (3 mangoes tease me from inside the fridge) and the square of dark chocolate I adore after dinner-  gone. Even decaf is considered caffeine by these rules and we know that any liquor is pure sugar.  So, these too are gone.

And the juice I felt so virtuous to make and drink is a mere shadow of its former self as I must eliminate the apples, carrots and beets from the mix. All the good-tasting stuff.

I've added MaximEyes tablets to my Chinese pills, but, quite honestly, the print on the bottle is so small I'm not sure what the 90 Vcaps contain.

The good news is that I can still consume dairy products and sushi.

The better news is that our daughter, Hilary, and grandkids Linden and Stella visited for three days. Here is the link to her Etsy site where she is selling amazing posters and cards: http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/raincityprints

The beeper is going.  Time for my eye drops.



back buttonnext button
© 2013 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
     The eye is a slightly asymmetrical globe, about an inch in diameter.


Just behind the iris and pupil lies the lens, which helps to focus light on the back of the eye. Most of the eye is filled with a clear gel called the vitreous. Light projects through the pupil and the lens to the back of the eye. The inside lining of the eye is covered by special light-sensing cells that are collectively called the retina. The retina converts light into electrical impulses. Behind the eye, the optic nerve carries these impulses to the brain. The macula is a small extra-sensitive area within the retina that gives central vision. It is located in the center of the retina and contains the fovea, a small depression or pit at the center of the macula that gives the clearest vision.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are so strong to give that all up. But it's amazing how our bodies can be teachers. We'll get together soon, once I'm a bit more settled here in our new-old home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't feel so much strong as 'please let this help my eye!!'
    I would love to get together. This period feels very lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can do it:>)...I hate to say this....but sushi rolls are"out" as far as sugar goes. I took a sushi course and the sushi rice is made with rice wine vinegar and which is loaded with white sugar! Plus the white rice is very sugar forming. Raw fish sushi slices and miso soup are fine....yet I'm not sure about the fermented miso? I think it is also on the sugar forming list. Man O Man....I guess just the fish part:<( Deb

    ReplyDelete