Sunday 13 March 2016

what's important


Brian and I have recently returned from Montreal where we celebrated my great-nephew's Bar Mitzvah.  Mark is the son of my youngest niece, Miriam, and her husband, Michael.

It was an enormous joy to share the pride and love.  The sense of family and belonging.



My sister's three daughters were there and I was aware of my own daughters' absence-  Sat-Sung unable to travel from Israel and for Hilary, the dates conflicting with a major dance performance of our granddaughter in Vancouver.

With the geographical diversity and various commitments of our family, it will take some planning to get us all together in one place.  However, since being in Montreal, I feel the necessity of a fuller connection.  I see the possibility of visiting with some of our family and not waiting for the Big Reunion.

It is important.

Although Brian thinks the following sections are rather trite, I've decided that my blog can be banal and conventional as well as serious and thoughtful.  

It's my page!

So, today, here is what's important to me-  (not in any ascending or descending order of importance)

~ good health ~  family ~  love ~  compassion ~  joy and kindness  ~
~ safety ~  shelter  ~   hope ~   honesty and trust
~ curiosity ~ wonder ~  passion ~  creativity
~ generosity ~  laughter and tears
~ companionship ~ peace
~ stillness and silence ~ sensitivity
~ listening and being listened to~  noticing small things ~ seeing the Big Picture ~ ~curiosity
~ silliness

Here is what's special too-




             morning dew on a spider's web ~  the smells of springtime ~

mist above the ocean's wave ~




birds nesting ~   smooth stones beneath fragile shells ~
hope following disappointment ~  respect from the heart

~moving from fear to understanding ~

                                   ~a cat's soft purr ~




~  looking through my camera's lens






the heart sculpture is at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment