Monday 9 March 2015

contemplative photography





I came home this morning after an hour and a half wandering the lane near our house; I needed to cross only two small streets before turning to wander home.





Returning, with the sun behind me, the trees looked unlike the ones I had focused on earlier.  Their colours varied; the bark exposed frequently to shade, often had magnificent lichen and rich colour, while on the sunnier side, the bark generally appeared in silver and grey tones. In addition, in the hour since my initial exploration, the light had shifted.

click on any photo to view a full-sized image



As I slowly moved with my camera, I was  aware of the infinite photos I could take with only the slightest shift of vantage point.  I was not 'snapping pictures' but rather I had moved into a quiet inner place; a place of peaceful meditation.





"The meaning of life is to see."   -13th century mystic, Hui Neng
 
















I returned home and down-loaded 127 new photos onto my computer!

I found multiple images-  ways of seeing similar elements,  examined and perceived, once again.




Trees and more trees- my wonderful obsession.

You might be interested in reading an article by Marie Popova



The Unlikely Roads That Lead Us Back to Ourselves: Eve Ensler on How a Tree Saved Her Life

By: 
An emboldening story of reawakening to the “insane delight” of merely being.
Tony Award-winning playwright, performer, and activist Eve Ensler is best-known for the paradigm-shifting 1998 cultural classic The Vagina Monologues and the monumental V-Day movement that sprang from it. She is also a woman of hard-earned wisdom on how traumatic experience makes us leave our bodies. Her harrowing and hope-giving book In the Body of the World: A Memoir of Cancer and Connection (public library) chronicles Ensler’s tumultuous journey and the paths — often confusing, usually surprising, never easy, yet always simple — that lead us back to our bodies and our whole selves.

Fot the entire article please go to brainpickings.org





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It's a privilege to share the artist's eye....
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your photographs this morning. They take me somewhere where I need to go more often. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos 127! WOW ! Way to go Crazy Girl -
    Deb

    ReplyDelete